Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sochi revisited.

A while back I said that I didn't believe him when he said his schedule was too busy for him to attend the Olympics. Well I might owe him an apology. Because once again it is time to raise the debt ceiling and that does up quite a bit of his time. Did it occur to him that he would have to deal with this when he announced that he wouldn't attend the Olympics? I don't know the answer to that but addressing government spending and taxes is more important than watching some sports games. Although I do believe their is some diplomatic advantage in participating in international events. But preventing an economic mess that would certainly affect other countries also has diplomatic advantage.

But there's a question I want to pose. When the Olympics were in China was there a Google doodle that said anything about human rights? Surely they must have done something about the Olympics but did they say anything alluding to China's human rights record. China is known for offenses of human rights. So is Russia. I'm curious if the amount of protest against Russia compared to the protest against China is proportionate to their human rights records. That is my question.

No comments:

Post a Comment