Monday, May 24, 2010

Super Mario Galaxy

Yesterday Lost ended and Super Mario Galaxy 2 was released. It's metacritic score was 98, the original scored 97, super mario 64 scored 94, and super mario sunshine scored 92. I haven't heard much of SMG2 but I don't agree super mario galaxy should've outscored either Super Mario 64 or Super Mario Sunshine for a few reasons. One reason is that the SMG homeworld is so bland. It only takes about 10 seconds to walk from one end to the other. All it really does is glow in the dark; I think the Super Nintendo homeworlds were more exciting, and those were just maps. SM64 had the castle that had all sorts of places to explore and find secrets, but it is a little lonely. The SMS homeworld is also much better; it's an entire village. Each of those homeworlds had secret levels hidden around, with SMG not really. Another reason is the levels seemed so much more straight forward than the other ones. The other games had levels were you would walk all over the place. In SMG it seemed that a lot of levels were just about about getting from point A to point B and it was often nighttime. I admit that it's possible that I feel this way because when I played SMG I was older than when I played the other games.

No comments:

Post a Comment