Friday, October 4, 2013

Female Suspect

These are the words that I saw on a few news articles relating to this weeks's shooting by the United States capital this week. What comes across to me as interesting is that the articles felt that sense the suspect is female, it must be clarified that she is female. So apparently our society feels that the word suspect is more masculine than feminine. Which is probably because big crimes such as this are committed more frequently by men.

Also consider this. Is it as common to hear someone revering somebody else as being a good woman.  I feel that it is a sort of a noble honor to be referred to a good man but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent honor for women. It seems to me that being good is more common or impressive or unusual for men than it is for women. Which very well could be true.

That's me thoughts of today

One more thing.

I saw something on the news about Congress applauding the police officer who was injured in capturing the suspect. I am glad that the District of Columbia has brave police officers who will do their duty at large sacrifice. I am sad that that is one of the only things congress can agree on. The government has been shutdown for four days and my life has been essentially the same. All though that is not the case for Federal government employees who have a hard time making ends meet. Likewise for anyone who needs to get a social security card or passport for any number of important reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment