Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ground Zero revisited

Well a few years ago I made a post about ground zero. Well the mosque or cultural center or whatever it was ended up not being built in that location. I feel I need to post about it because I've heard some stuff about it since then that I don't know if I can believe.

First of all. I'm not sure if it actually was a mosque or just a cultural or recreation center.

One thing I also heard that I think is false is that Obama wanted to build it. I've heard this a few times and I don't think that it's true. If I remember Obama is on the record as saying that Muslims have the right to build their building. The response from some was that he wanted to build the project. (This is where some ignorant conservatives must have stopped paying attention) The next response was, "no, he didn't say that he supported it, he just said that they have the right to build it." (This is where some not so ignorant people kept paying attention) And then the president real feelings about the project were left ambiguous. Even Sarah Palin acknowledged the right of the Muslim community to build the building but nobody said she was supporting the project.

I imagine what happened was Obama was in the white house discussing the issue with a few of his staff members and he didn't support the project but also didn't want to offend the Muslim population. And I think the decision they arrived at was for him to make some simple commentary on the first amendment but not express his real feelings but to give the impression that he did. Thus leaving the issue ambiguous.

I've also heard that Obama wants a universal coinage for North America. I've heard that he wants to change the constitution for a third term. And I think I've heard some other stuff that is just false but some people will believe. And that's how the world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment