Sunday, September 27, 2009

Michael Jackson movie

So, apparently there is a movie coming out called "Michael Jackson: This Is It." The studio is going to have a few advance showing with three thousand tickets and those three thousand tickets were sold in two hours to people that had lined up three days in advance. Over the past few months people are wondering if the media is focusing to much on Michael Jackson, on saturday there was some datline documentary on NBC about him and I think I remember there like a zillion other tv documentaries, I think the world and media is more focused on his death than it ever was on the virginia tech shooting victims. I don't think it's a fault of our day and age that there is some heavy coverage, I think the first day or two after he died it was almost all that CNN talked about and I think that's fine. I still seems like all the grocery store magazines have some well done tribute to him and they all look like they're the official one. I think that my biggest problem with media coverage is that when his family finally got around to burying him all these helicopters with reporters were trying to get coverage of it and his brother said it ruined the service for Michael's family and close friends, when the media invades your personal lives like that it has defiantly gone to far.

Associated Press. Jackson sneak peek screenings sell out in 2 hours. Sep. 2009. Sep. 2009.

2 comments:

  1. Robert, extremely good insight. Although I have thought about the way the media took action on his death, I never looked that far into it.I think the movie will blow, and I think most people in attendance don't matter anyways.

    ReplyDelete